Welcome to the Nonfiction Book Awards! As an extension of the Nonfiction Authors Association, we are committed to honoring excellence in nonfiction books and welcome submissions by self-published and traditionally published authors alike, in both print and ebook formats. Publishers are also welcome to submit books for award consideration.
About the Nonfiction Book Awards
Our program honors books year-round so you can submit your entry at any time. Books are not judged against competing titles, but are reviewed by our judges based on a scoring system that evaluates the quality of the writing and production of the book (editing, design, and other details). A book can receive a bronze, silver or gold award based on the final evaluation score.
As with other reputable awards programs, not all books receive a Nonfiction Book Award. However, books that are well-written and professionally produced often qualify for an award.
Winning a Nonfiction Book Award is like adding a seal of approval to your book. It tells readers and media professionals that you have a high quality book worth reading!
Nonfiction Book Award recipients receive the following:
- Beautiful award certificate mailed directly to you (or sent via email if outside of the U.S.).
- Digital award badge for display on your website.
- Your book featured with Book Award Winners on the Nonfiction Authors Association site.
- Your award announced in our monthly email newsletter.
- Your award announcement shared across our social media platforms, reaching over 100k followers!
- “Award-winning Author” status. You can immediately add this new qualification to your author bio on your website, online profiles, social media accounts, etc.
- Award stickers for your books are available for purchase.
- Reviewer feedback sent to you after award results are tabulated.
- Our reviewers are encouraged to post their own reviews on various book sites, though we do NOT guarantee any reviews will be posted.
Actual post from our Facebook page:
Additional Benefits of Winning a Nonfiction Book Award
When potential readers learn that a book has been honored with an award, it can help influence buying decisions. And winning a book award brings tremendous personal gratification. You will instantly earn the title of “award-winning author.” You can add this designation to the following:
- Your book sales page on Amazon (Example: “Winner of a Gold award from The Nonfiction Book Awards”)
- Your introduction that is read when you’re speaking at an event (“Annie Author is an award-winning author and…”)
- Marketing materials
- Author website
- Book sales page on your website
- Author bio in your books, on your website, in your social media profiles, etc.
- Cover of the book
We are proud to offer this program to nonfiction authors world-wide. We firmly believe that nonfiction books have the power to change the world and the Nonfiction Book Awards provides a powerful way to help elevate the status of your book.
Are you ready to add “Award Winning Author” to your bio?
How to Enter the Nonfiction Book Awards
The Nonfiction Book Awards accepts year-round submissions for traditionally published and self-published books and ebooks. To enter your book for award consideration, please complete the following steps:
- Review our Entry Guidelines here and make sure you understand them. Your submission indicates you agree to the Entry Guideline terms.
- Submit payment via credit card if you haven’t already ($300 for the first category, $150 for each additional category). Or you may opt to mail a check. Note: Authority members of the Nonfiction Authors Association receive a discount off entry fees. Visit your member home page for details.
- Download the Nonfiction Book Awards Entry Application (Word document) and complete all fields.
- Submit the following to us via email:
- Official Awards Entry Application
- Book cover image file (jpg or pdf format)
- Again, send these items to us via email.
- Mail three copies of your book to Nonfiction Authors Association, 11230 Gold Express Drive #310-413, Gold River, CA 95670. Or, you may opt to submit your book in PDF format via email.
We will contact you within two business days to confirm receipt of your application. If you do not receive confirmation of receipt of your application, please send us an email to verify your application made it through to us. Award status notification typically takes 8 to 12 weeks once we have received your application, book cover image and books for review.
Thank you very much for participating in the Nonfiction Book Awards!