Our exclusive Ultimate Author Toolkits provide an assortment of digital content to help accelerate your author journey. Each kit includes over a dozen reports, checklists, worksheets and recordings.
Items included in this toolkit:
- Manuscript Formatting Guidelines – To properly prepare your manuscript for editing and typesetting.
- How to Set the Retail Price for Your Book – Factors to consider and research needed to set the price for your physical book and ebooks.
- How to Get Testimonials for Your Book – Includes a sample endorsement request email.
- How to Write Sales Copy for the Back of Your Book – The jacket copy for your book is essential for enticing readers to buy and is often used as the book description for online retailers like Amazon.
- Book Interior Design Tips – Useful for ensuring the industry basics are covered.
- List of Book Distributors and Wholesalers
- Ultimate Self-Publishing Checklist – A comprehensive spreadsheet to help you organize the process of self-publishing.
- Sample Copyright Page – Includes sample disclaimer and copy used on a standard copyright page.
- Sample Permissions Letter – For use when requesting permission to use another person’s work in your book.
- Which Self-Publishing Firm Should You Choose? – Report offers guidance about how to choose a publisher or printer, and what to avoid.
- Author Business Startup Checklist – Tasks needed to start your own publishing business (and as an author, you are a business owner no matter where or how you publish!).
- The 6 People Every Author Should Hire – Learn who you need to help you produce and promote your book.
- Resources for Hiring Freelancers – You will need to hire professional editors, a cover designer, and interior typesetter, an ebook formatter and others as your author career progresses. Here are the top resources for finding the people you need.
- How to Get Funding to Publish Your Book – A list of funding options, including grants and crowdsourcing.
- How to Handle Shipping for Your Book – Suggested processes for selling and shipping from your website.
- Recording: Attorney Helen Sedwick Protecting Your Rights and Your Wallet: Copyright, Trademarks and Other Legal Details for Authors (from the 2016 Nonfiction Writers Conference)
- Recording: Amy Collins on How to Get Bookstore Distribution for Your Book (from the 2015 Nonfiction Writers Conference)