Our exclusive Ultimate Author Toolkits provide an assortment of digital content to help accelerate your author journey. Each kit includes over a dozen reports, checklists, worksheets and recordings.
Items included in this toolkit:
- Traditional Book Deal Checklist – Steps you need to take to pursue a book deal.
- How to Locate and Work with Literary Agents – Explains the process and provides resources for locating agents.
- Sample Query Letter – An actual query letter that helped a first-time author sell his book.
- Elements of a Book Proposal – An outline of the sections of a book proposal and how to complete them.
- Understanding Publishing Contracts – An overview of terms to expect in a contract.
- Book Proposal that Sold – Author Patrick Schwerdtfeger share the actual proposal he used to land his first book deal with a traditional publisher (business book).
- Sample Literary Agent Letter of Agreement – An actual agreement used by a respected agent for signing new clients so you know what to expect.
- Sample Publisher Agreement – An actual agreement used by a major publisher house, including terms for authors. Gives you an idea what to expect when a contract comes your way (terms will vary).
- Book Proposal Template – A simple guideline (Word document) for developing your book proposal.
- How to Get Testimonials for Your Book – Includes a sample endorsement request email.
- How to Write Sales Copy for the Back of Your Book – The jacket copy for your book is essential for enticing readers to buy and is often used as the book description for online retailers like Amazon.
- Recording: Jason Gardner at New World Library – In this Q&A session from the NFAA teleseminar series with Jason Gardner, acquisitions editor for New World Books, we cover what publishers are looking for when acquiring nonfiction books.
- Recording: Jennifer Chen Tran, Literary Agent – In this Q&A session from the NFAA teleseminar series with literary agent Jennifer Chen Tran, we discuss what agents are looking for and how to get their attention.