Our exclusive Ultimate Author Toolkits provide an assortment of digital content to help accelerate your author journey. Each kit includes over a dozen reports, checklists, worksheets and recordings.
Items included in this toolkit:
- How to Write Your Nonfiction Book (And Do It Faster Than You Think) – An extended report with steps to help you plan out your manuscript and finish writing faster than expected.
- Manuscript Writing Checklist – Follow these steps to complete the writing process.
- Legal Agreement Template: Photo or Artwork – An agreement drafted by an attorney to use as a suggested guideline for getting permission to use a photo or artwork.
- Legal Agreement Template: Text or Quote – An agreement drafted by an attorney to use as a suggested guideline for getting permission to use a quote or text in your book.
- Offer Bonus Content – Tips for seeding your book with downloadable bonuses to drive readers to your website and collect email addresses.
- How to Write Jacket Copy – An essential guide to writing the sales copy for your book. Hint: Some authors write this BEFORE the manuscript!
- How to Write an Effective Author Bio – Learn how to make an impact as succinctly as possible.
- How to Get Testimonials for Your Book – Once your manuscript is complete, start your outreach to fellow authors and influencers to get endorsements for your book.
- How to Research Your Book Title – This decision is critically important and many new authors miss the mark. Here is how to avoid making those same mistakes.
- Blank Page Fillers – Once your book is typeset, there will inevitably be blank pages throughout. While you can leave them blank, you can also take advantage of this valuable real estate!
- Time Management and Productivity for Authors – Most authors have day jobs. Here is how we find the time to get our work done.
- Understand Editing – Learn the different types of editing available so you can know what you need to move forward.
- 25 Reasons You Need to Write Your Book Now – Think you should put it off? Why you should think otherwise.
- Define Your Target Audience Worksheet – Ask yourself these questions to get clear about who you are writing for and how you can serve their needs.
- Publishing FAQ: How long should my manuscript be? – Covers the different expectations of publishers and readers.
- Checklist of Components to Include When Writing Your Book – A book involves more than just a manuscript. There are many other elements to consider, like the dedication, foreword, resources, and end notes. This checklist ensures you know all the options.
- Steps to Develop a Killer Nonfiction Book Title – Deciding on a title can be challenging. This includes examples and suggestions for developing your best title.
- How to Cite Sources in Your Manuscript – A brief guide to fair use copyright law and how to properly cite sources of reference material.
- Most Common Editing Mistakes Found in Manuscripts – Written by a professional editor, learn what mistakes you should avoid.
- Market Research Resources – If you want to include facts and figures in your writing, here are some popular sources for gathering information.
- Book Intention Worksheets – Define your goals and determine what steps you need to take to achieve them.
- How to Compile an Anthology Book – Steps to collect stories and contributions and produce your own anthology.
- Recording: Write 3 Books This Year with Roger C. Parker – In this lecture from the 2015 Nonfiction Writers Conference, you will learn a structured approach to writing book manuscripts faster than you thought possible.
- Recording: Strategies to Write Better Nonfiction with Stacy Ennis – In this Q&A interview from the Nonfiction Authors Association teleseminar series, book coach and editor Stacy Ennis shares strategies for getting focused on your writing process, working efficiently and how to best work with an editor.